Thursday, July 10, 2008

Homecoming

Dear friends and family,

Greetings from Nairobi!  I hope that you are happy and healthy.  I am writing to
let you know that I will be traveling home to Ohio on July 1 and will stay until
July 21. I will then return to Kenya until November. I hope to see some of you
while I am visiting the U.S.

I will present a slide show and discussion, “Reflections from Kenya,” on
Tuesday, July 15 from 7-9 p.m. at Ohio University, Bentley Hall, Room 306. I
will be discussing the elections in Kenya, the post-election crisis, conflict
resolution, and other issues related to my research with women’s organizations.
Please join us.

I am also writing to request your assistance. I have been asked to gather some
supplies for the Taita International School and I am looking for donations of
the following:

  • Sports equipment i.e. soccer balls and outdoor games
  • Video games for kids (compatible with PC Windows systems)
  • DVD videos – comedy, action, musicals, documentaries appropriate for ages 4 - 18
  • Educational CD-roms for PC windows systems
  • Digital camera
  • Digital camcorder (mini DV) & video tapes
  • Digital voice recorder
  • Walkmans
  • Rechargeable batteries and charger
  • Science lab supplies
  • Cake decorating supplies (for kitchen staff and fundraiser for school)
  • Songbooks or CDs of children’s songs
  • Foreign language textbooks or dictionaries (Spanish, French, Italian, Arabic,
  • Chinese)
  • Maps
  • Jigsaw puzzles
  • Pens or pencils (especially from OU, Ohio State or Hocking College)
  • Colored pencils, crayons, watercolors & other art supplies
  • Clothing patterns for sewing class

If you can donate or help me to gather any of these items, please let me know by
email at cutcher@ohio.edu or phone at 740-742-3012. I will be gathering these
supplies during my visit in Ohio and would appreciate any assistance you can
offer since my time and budget are limited.

Thank you for your attention. I look forward to seeing you soon,

Sincerely,

Cat Cutcher
www.catsmeowinkenya.blogspot.com

No comments: